Tuesday, February 3, 2009

7 years & going strong

So this blog is mostly about Izzy but I wanted to post about our anniversary! Sunday was 7 years for us!!! WOW! That sounds like alot.... getting close to 10 :) I don't get to talk about how wonderful my hubby is enough... so just read on. He is the perfect match for me. He is my best friend. He is a wonderful daddy! I thank God everyday that I have him. I love him so much!!!! I wonder where or who I would be today if it weren't for him. He keeps me sane when I think I am going to lose it. He listens and helps me work through whatever I have going on. He seems to know what I need when I need it. Even though our lives are crazy trying to raise an almost 1 year old he always has time to hug, kiss and hold me. My favorite place to be in the whole world is in his arms. There everything disappears..... my bad night at work, my frustrations, my insecurities, my problems are all ok because there is a wonderful man who loves me and is going to make it all better. I can't explain how good he is to me. There are so many things he does every day to make me fall even more in love with him. Then I see him with Izzy and I fall even more in love with him. I always knew he would be a great dad but he amazes me all the time. She BEAMS when she hears the garage door open and I tell her daddy is home. We run to the door and greet him and she smiles from ear to ear. She bounces in my arms until he takes her... and boy she is happy then! I love to hear them together..... playing, tickling, whatever... it melts me heart. He is the kind of daddy I had.... the best in the world! He takes care of her when I leave for work, puts her down and gets all her stuff ready for the next day. Gets her up and dressed and takes her to daycare all by himself! I don't even know if I could do that! On Saturdays and Sundays when I work the night before he takes care of her while I sleep. Sometimes I wake up to shrieks of joy and laughter from their playtime downstairs. I smile knowing she is having so much fun with daddy. He talks often of how he wants to take her on dates when she gets a little older.... I remember doing that with my daddy and I am so happy knowing that she will grow up with a wonderful daddy too! I love him so much and am so thankful for him!
Since we have been married people who hear me talk about him think we are newly weds... they say it will fade.. they say how they miss those days. I never want to say that. I hope our love will continue to grow stronger day by day year by year! I want to be some of those old people you see sitting somewhere holding hands just talking the time away. I want to grow old with him! I love you baby!!!