Sunday, June 5, 2011

Faith like a Child

Since Easter Izzy has been very interested in learning more about Jesus.  It started with the Resurrection eggs which we did a lot the week of Easter.  Well when Easter week was over I went to put them away but Izzy still wanted to play with them and tell me the story.  So we kept them out for a few more weeks.  My mom got Izzy a really good Easter book that we read a bunch.  She could tell us the whole story and understood that Jesus came to die on the cross so we could go to heaven.  She asked me all kinds of questions day after day.  My mom came to stay with the kids for a class I had to take and Izzy asked her all kinds of questions about Jesus and heaven.  My mom mentioned that she seemed ready to make a decision about asking Jesus in her heart.  I wasn’t sure- she is still just my baby!  But we kept talking about it.  One day the next week we talked about asking Jesus in your heart and I asked Izzy if she wanted to do that and she then told me she wanted to be done talking and have a snack.  So I left it at that.  The next week I was having a talk with Izzy telling her how proud I was of her that she been kind and done the right thing even when others were not being kind.  Then she said- “ell I have Jesus in my heart and He helps me.”  Whoa wait a minute I thought….. here’s the rest of the conversation-

Me: Oh when did you ask Jesus in your heart?

Iz: The other day in the carseat

Me: Oh well what did you say?

Iz:  Well I prayed- Dear Lord of Heaven and Earth, please send Jesus to live in my heart and help me be good.  I love you God.  Amen.

Me: speechless for a minute….. Yay Izzy I am so proud of you!!

Iz: You’re welcome Mommy.  Now I will see Grandma Billy in heaven one day.

Me: Yes you will Izzy, yes you will.

Faith like a child…… she didn’t need me or Tim to do it with her- she just talked to God, just like we’ve taught her…. in the carseat Smile

Thank you Lord for my wonderful daughter!!

2 comments:

Wilson Ramblings said...

Izzy sweet girl the lord is gonna use u mightily for His kingdom! Your perspective is one we all. Should have... Faith like a child! Izzy you made ur mama katie cry happy tears! I love you! Bethany and tim u guys are amazing parents and set such a vivid example for your girls! I'm thankful to call u both friend!

Katie said...

oh my word. in the carseat. I love it! PTL for faith like a child! Thanks for sharing!