Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Izzy has her first Communion

Izzy asked Jesus into her heart earlier this year.  Since then she has been learning more and more about what it means to live for Jesus.  She has an insatiable appetite for Bible stories and the why behind them.  She usually goes to Sunday School instead of coming into service with Tim & I so she hadn’t been in a communion service at all.  Tim was leading worship a few Sunday’s ago and Izzy likes to go in with me to see him sing.  So we had listened to Tim sing and she had sat through the sermon when Pastor Don started talking about communion.  Izzy asked me some questions so I started explaining what communion is and why we do it.  She understood and wanted to participate.  She was very reverent and held her wafer and prayed until it was time to eat it.  She did the same with the cup (liking the grape juice MUCH more than the wafer).  I am so proud of her.  I love her little heart SO much.  After church we told Tim (he was singing during communion) and we took her picture with him and Pastor Don.

I was a tearful mess at that point Crying face

20111120102432

I was trying to be sneaky and not disturb people when I took this photo of her holding the wafer.

20111120103715

She is getting so big!!

2 comments:

Emily Wilson said...

SO sweet! Love that little girl!

Wilson Ramblings said...

I love her heart for the Lord!!! I tell you what, God is gonna use her in HUGE ways!!!!!!!