Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Anderson Family Christmas 2011

Every year my side of the family gets together sometime between thanksgiving and Christmas to have our Christmas celebration together.  This year I hosted and it was a ton of fun!! 

DSC_0004

Lots of wrestling with Uncle Dan

DSC_0013DSC_0021

Playing with Grandpa

DSC_0028

And reading books with Grandma

DSC_0048DSC_0051

There were some dance competitions on the Kinect

DSC_0061

And three cuties SO excited about presents Smile

DSC_0064DSC_0067DSC_0079DSC_0043

My mom bought us a singing Santa that sings “lolipop lolipop”.  Izzy loved and loved singing with Aunt Emily!

DSC_0081DSC_0090 games

DSC_0091 Dress up outfits (it’s a gnome)

DSC_0104DSC_0113I got my brother a CD he wanted but got a prank gift box to put it in.  The Pet Petter- never touch your pet again Smile  His face was hilarious!!

DSC_0162DSC_0167DSC_0175

We made cookies and had hot chocolate

DSC_0178

There were ONLY two major disasters Smile  The first one happened Saturday morning when Dan came out of the downstairs bathroom saying there was a problem.  There was water leaking out of the vent in the ceiling.  Tim and I went upstairs and two toilets water supply had sheared off from the wall and we had two geysers, two bathrooms filled with 3 inches of water, and lots of panic.  My brothers and dad helped get the water up pretty quickly and we set out fans to dry where it got on the carpet.  We are still waiting to find out the extent of the damage….

DSC_0182

DSC_0183Piper loves picking on Grandpa Open-mouthed smile

The second disaster came on sunday morning as Tim was watering the Christmas tree before he left for church.  He noticed VILLAGES of bugs on the trunk of the tree.  Needless to say he didn’t make it to church.  I was so thankful to have other people there to help get the big infested tree out of the house!!  Ewwww…. my skin is crawling just thinking about it!!  It was a big ordeal getting the ornaments and lights off the tree and then getting it outside!!  I was right behind then vacuuming up the bugs as fast as I could.  There were even bugs on our second story window sills. 

DSC_0191

Even with our disasters I still count the weekend as a success!  We had lots of fun, made lots of memories, and enjoyed seeing everyone!  I’m hoping for more Anderson Family Christmas’s at the Rouse house Smile

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Omg!!! I can't believe all that craziness! However I smiled reading your whole post. So sweet. I can't believe how big izzy has gotten. Such a pretty girl. And oh my how piper looks like izzy when she was that age. Thank goodness for blogs that I can keep updated on y'all!