Tuesday, January 24, 2012

God’s calling….

A quote that I first saw last year keeps coming back into my head.

“The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.”

Hmmmmmmm- where would that lead me?

A new quote that was in my Bible study this week is-

“Our spiritual life is His affair; because, whatever we may think to the contrary, it is really produced by His steady attraction, and our humble and self-forgetful response to it.  It consists in being drawn, at his pace and in His way, to the place where He wants us to be; not the place we fancied for ourselves.”

I’m learning more and more that it’s all about the process.  The process of becoming who/what/where He wants me to be. 

I’m so thankful for His drawing me nearer, for not giving up on me.  Working on me to get me to the place where my deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet!

No comments: