Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Making strawberry jam…er… syrup :)

We decided to try to make strawberry jam with our fresh berries…. I looked up the directions for regular jam- and that was WAY too involved for us.  So we opted for freezer jam- who can mess that up??  Well…..

DSC_0001DSC_0003 

We started with the yummy berries and my cool little hulling tool

DSC_0005 Iz was the rinser

DSC_0008

Tim was the slicer and Piper was the masher…

DSC_0010

Or sampler Smile

We followed the driections to the T and ended up with some YUMMY strawberry SYRUP Open-mouthed smile  Our jam did not set up- who knew that was an option??  At first I was a little sad- then we tried some on ice cream…… I’m not sad anymore!  It is soooo yummy!!  It is super sweet- just like these last two pics of my girls!

DSC_0012DSC_0014

1 comment:

Shana said...

Love piper in the stroller. seeing her made me smile