Thursday, April 25, 2013

Piper asks Jesus into her heart & first communion

Last week on the way to preschool the sun was really bright.  This sparked a conversation with the girls about heaven.  Here’s how it went:

Iz:Wow it is really bright.  It is gonna be really bright in heaven.  Cause Jesus is there and the streets are gold so its gonna be really bright.

P: Is Dora going to be in heaven

Me: If Dora has Jesus in her heart then she will be in heaven

P: She does!!!!

Iz: Do you have Jesus in your heart Piper?

P: Yep

Me: When did you ask Jesus into your heart Piper?

P: Oh I think I should do that right now!

So I asked her what it meant to have Jesus in her heart and she told me about Jesus dying on the cross and “He is risen!!”.  We then prayed a prayer together and she asked Jesus into her heart right there in her carseat on the way to preschool. 

Fast forward to Sunday when Cassidy was being dedicated.  At the end of the service we had communion.  Tim got Piper in his lap and explained what communion was and she understood and wanted to take part.  She was very serious and paid very close attention to Pastor Don.  I snapped a quick picture to remember this day.  p communion

Right after I took this picture we were led in “I stand Amazed (How Marvelous)”  This is a very special song to me as it always reminds me of my grandmaw.  Every time I hear it I am reminded of her and can hear her singing it to me.  I rarely get through it dry eyed.  So through my tears I look over at my hubby who has his hands raised and my sweet girl with her hands raised too.  More tears!  I imagined my grandmaw looking down from heaven.  Oh how I miss her and oh how happy I knew this moment made her!

DSC_0093

Just for fun a few pics I got of the girls before church

DSC_0096

DSC_0097

Red heartRed heartRed heart this picture!  They love their grandpa!!

No comments: