Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A day in our life

I have seen several people post about a typical day in their house and I thought it was a good idea.  I’m sure one day I will look back at this and smile.  Right now I’m tired :)  But here goes!

6:30am- I woke up to Piper talking in her bed and asking “mommy, daddy, somebody come get me!”

6:35- took her downstairs and gave her breakfast (nutrigrain bar and water)

6:37- Iz calls out on walkie-talkie- “can somebody come carry me down so I can say good morning to Piper”.  I tell her I am coming in a minute.  I head upstairs to bring her down

6:39- give Izzy her breakfast (peanut butter crackers and milk), she asks me to turn on TV.  Both kids yell “YAY!  Dora!!”

6:45- I go check my email, facebook and read a few blogs

6:50- girls call out for me to cover them up with a blanket on the couch- they are snuggling Open-mouthed smile

7:00- make my coffee, make sure Tim is awake (we take turns sleeping in til 7), sit and watch some TV with girls

7:20- go upstairs and take a shower- girls play a board game while I get in shower

7:40- girls have abandoned game for more TV, I pick out clothes for me and the girls

8:10- back downstairs- I gather up everything for Izzy’s preschool and my Bible study

8:15- realize Piper needs to move up to the next size shoe- dig around in “extra closet” for some shoes.  Find 3 that may fit- 1 ends up being too big, 1 just right and 1 a little too big.  She picks the ones that were a little too big- not worth a fight so I let her wear them- she is ecstatic!

8:20- Piper has to go to timeout because she keeps kicking the wall with her “new” shoes.

8:25- load up the car with all our stuff and get the kids in the car

8:27- get out of the neighborhood when I realize I don’t know where my phone is.  Turn around go back home, look around and end up calling my phone- which I find over in the arm chair where Piper had been playing.

8:40- get to school early to wait for a friend, she is going to keep Izzy in her van til school opens and she can take them in so I can go ahead to bible study

8:50- put Izzy in Kristin’s car (thanks!!) and head to church

9:05- get to church and drop off Piper in childcare

9:15- small group time for Bible study- great time with the ladies!

10:30- video for Bible study

11:30- get Piper from childcare and drive to get Izzy from preschool

11:32- talk to adoption contact about potential situation

11:55- get Izzy from preschool and head home

12:15- lunch.  Izzy has chicken nuggets with ranch and Piper has a hot dog with ketchup.  Both have apples and peanut butter.  I make tuna salad but don’t eat too much of it….. too busy saying eat your lunch 17 times (to each kid)

12:45- girls play dress-up in Izzy’s room

12:47- I talk to Tim about potential adoption situation

12:50- Piper poops in her little potty while I am still talking to Tim

12:52- Izzy poops in potty while I am still talking to Tim

12:55- off phone with Tim- call adoption contact back

1:20- talk with Shana

1:30- play hide and seek with the girls, put back on their clothes, put them down for nap

1:49- Ahhhh silence Smile  Come downstairs and drink a soda, check email

2:10- go upstairs and tell Izzy to take a nap- it’s AWANA night and if she wants a date to ice cream after she has to take a nap.

2:11- email, facebook, blogs

2:35- Piper’s crying- go upstairs and soothe her and get her back to sleep.  Check on Izzy- she is OUT!

2:45- sit down for quiet time

3:45- check email again and get ready for kids to wake up (usually they are up already but because they went down late they are sleeping later)

4:00- Izzy wakes up and comes downstairs, I didn’t hear her so she scares me to death!  I turn on the TV for her.

4:10- Piper wakes up- give them both marshmallows for snack- light snack because dinner will be soon

4:45- put dinner in over (I prepared it yesterday)

5:00- turn off TV- paint with the girls while we listen to KLOVE

5:40- Daddy home!

6:00- Eat dinner- say take a bite 37 times :)

6:30- leave for AWANA.  Tim takes Izzy and drops her off.  Me and Piper go to Feeney’s for some frozen yogurt.  Tim comes to meet us after he drops Izzy off.

7:30- get home and have a drawn out bedtime snuggling my girl

8:20- check email, facebook, relax…..

9:10- Izzy and Tim get home- talk with her about AWANA, Tim takes her up to put her down.

9:40- finish writing this blog post…..

I’m off to talk to my hubby a bit then go to bed!  Whew!  What a day- just a glimpse into our everyday crazy life :)  I’m so thankful for our blessings!!

No comments: