Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas was different this year.  We were in Florida waiting for our baby to be born.  Tim and the girls flew back home on Christmas morning.  Before he left he had set out the Santa gift for each girl so when they got home Santa had come!  They were super excited to get what they had asked Santa for.  Izzy and Easy Bake Oven and Piper a Doctor Mommy doll.  We had explained to them that we would open the rest of the presents when Mommy got home and they were fine with that.  That night Tim’s mom Grandma Diane came with two cousins to spend the rest of the week with the girls.  Thanks so much Diane!  Tim had to go back to work and it was so nice of you to come and help us out!!  The girls had a blast with her and their cousins!

I spent my Christmas in the hotel room.  I finished reading “Children of Dreams” and started “Hope for the weary mom” both really good books!  I missed my family so much but knew God was in control.  Over the next few days I got a little more homesick each day, crying on the phone with Tim, asking God why…. but multiple times a day I would give it back over to God and trust He knew what was best.  As I described in the last post we found out our birthmom’s dates were off a month.  So I came home on Sunday the 30th. 

I was SO happy to see my family!  I snuggled and kissed and snuggled some more!!  That night we opened our stockings.

DSC_0037

DSC_0038 

Piper still has a baby’s first Christmas stocking…. guess we will have to hand that down and get her a new one next year!

DSC_0039DSC_0040

Both girls got a new pair of goggles!DSC_0042DSC_0041

They were so happy for Daddy to open his present from Izzy.  She came up with the idea all on her own.  It is so cute to watch them watch it together.  The girls love to see Tim laugh and get such a kick out of laughing with him Smile  I heard “uh oh this is not going to turn out good” so many times! 

That night Tim and I finished wrapping all the presents and we had Christmas morning on New Years Eve morning.  I didn’t take any pictures…. just enjoyed being with my family and seeing them so happy!

I am so thankful for my family!  Soon we will have another little girl to add to the mix!  Although this Christmas was different it will always be one we will remember. 

No comments: