Sunday, January 27, 2013

Waiting in Florida

20130117102211

Look at those sweet lips!  I can’t get enough of her cuteness!  I love the little nursing blister…..

After being discharged Cassidy and I headed to a hotel and checked in to wait until we were able to come home.  The hotel was in a little shopping center so we went for several walks just enjoying the fresh air. She really likes the MOBY!

DSC_0095

On Thursday we went to the doctor for her checkup.  They checked her bilirubin and it was elevated- 16!  The doctor said she needed to be on a biliblanket.  They arranged for a home health care agency to bring one for me to the hotel.  Several hours later she was hooked up.  I am thankful that she didn’t have to go back to the hospital.  She seemed to do ok with the biliblanket.   Which is really just a blue light pad that goes on her back.  But it was hard to get her comfortable to sleep because it has a big power cord that comes out by her diaper.  It also meant that we had to stay in the hotel room so she could be plugged in constantly.  We went back to the doctor on Friday and her bilirubin had come down to 14.3 but they wanted to keep her on the blanket.  At this point I was DYING of cabin fever.  I started trying to find someone to come to Florida to be with me and help me out.  I called Tim who couldn’t come due to work and our other kiddos.  I called several friends to see if they knew anyone in the area.  I even called our pastor’s wife and several women I knew from Bible study. 

20130117200332

was really struggling there for a bit- exhausted, claustrophobic, and lonely. That’s when God stepped in! He prompted Tim to call a coworker he knew used to live in Florida. They called some friends and one of their friend’s son lived in Miami. They called and talked to them and they said they would be willing to help me. Dave called me on the phone Saturday night and I was SO relieved! I could tell by his voice he was a really nice guy and he put me totally at ease. They invited me to come stay with them for the day and spend the night the next night and see how things went from there.  The next day I went and met our birthmom to hang out with her and Cassidy for a bit.  We had a great visit and I got this picture of them together Smile20130120100546

Afterwards I headed to Dave & Diane’s house.  It was a WONDERFUL!  I can’t describe how wonderful they were to me.  They loved on us, fed me, held Cassidy so I could sleep and so much more!  It was wonderful to have people to talk to, to share my beautiful baby with, and to just be around!  They told me I could check out the hotel and stay with them until I could leave the state!  They didn’t have to tell me twice!  I was SO glad to be out of the hotel!  Cassidy and I really enjoyed being at their house.  I am SO thankful to them for all their love to us- they truly were Christ to me.  I know it was a God thing for us to even find them.  They will forever have a place in my heart!!

2013012113541820130121171003

I love this picture- one of the first ones with her eyes open!

DSC_0102

First hair bowDSC_0103DSC_0109DSC_0112

Sweet sleeping girl!DSC_0115

We got the call on Wednesday morning that Cassidy & I could go home!  I was overjoyed!!  I packed us up, booked a flight and headed home!  Florida was nice but HOME is SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: