Friday, January 25, 2013

Meeting Cassidy Jane at the hospital!

I got a text Sunday Jan. 13th while I was sitting in a computer class for work.  It said “I am 6cm & 60%- today is the day Cassidy Jane is going to meet the world!”  I was so excited!!  After I made sure it was go time I stood up and said “I have to leave- my baby’s being born!!”  I quickly left and drove straight home- blowing up Tim’s phone.  He and the girls had just gotten to church and he had just gotten upstairs.  I told him I needed him to come home so he went and got the girls and headed home.  I got a direct flight from Greensboro to Miami (which I had never seen before that day!!- Thanks God!!)  I packed my stuff and off I went.  On the way to the hospital I got a text that Cassidy Jane had been born!!  Although sad to have missed her birth it did make traveling a little less hectic.  She was born at 11:06 and I got to the hospital around 5pm that evening.  She was in the room with her birth mom and I scooped her right up!!

20130113175109

The hospital has an awesome service called the “Stork Inn” where they offered me a room and meals for $85 a night.  I was so happy that they offered this!!  I took Cassidy into my room and we did some skin to skin.

20130113192308

It took her awhile to wake up but once she did she nursed for the first time!!

DSC_0060

I put an outfit on her and snuggled her up!!

DSC_0065DSC_0063

Her stat’s card Smile

DSC_0072

Sweet feet!

DSC_0074

Love her sweet face!!

DSC_0078

Biiiiiiig yawn!

DSC_0083

We spent a lot of time over in her birth mom’s room hanging out with her.  She is an amazing woman that we love so dearly!  I am so happy to have these pictures of them together!

DSC_0084DSC_008520130114174458 

Me trying to make her a paci girl- she’s not too much of fan so far….

DSC_0089

Snuggled in ready to go home (well out hotel home)

20130115141215

No she didn’t ride in the front seat- it was just the best place out of the wind for a picture!

Our experience in the hospital couldn’t have been better.  I am so happy to have such a good relationship with her birth mom.  I treasure our time spent together, our conversations, and our mutual love for this squishy little girl Smile 

 

A quick version of her birth story as told to me by her birth mom.  She contracted all night but early in the morning they got more severe.  She went to the hospital where they checked her and she texted me.  They took her to labor & delivery and there were nurses running all around getting things set up and starting her IV.  They broke her water and started talking about an epidural.  Then she got the urge to push and it was time!  No time for epidural!  Cassidy came out in 3 pushes and had no complications!  What a wonder woman her birth mom is!!!

More pics and stories of our time in Florida to come.  Just want to end with saying God is awesome!  He was so present with me in the hospital!  Such an overwhelming peace!  I appreciate all your prayers, texts, emails & calls! 

2 comments:

Christy Waulk said...

What a blessing it has been to watch your story unfold! Enjoy these precious days ahead with all of your girls. God is so good! I will be praying for all of you as you bond together and for your sweet birthmom. God bless her. :) Much love.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your amazing story and seeing these pictures! So happy you are home now, have been praying for you...Jen Stone :)