Monday, February 18, 2013

Loving sisters!

DSC_0002

DSC_0005

My Valentines!  Thanks for the cute outfits Grandma!DSC_0006DSC_0009

Silly big sister

DSC_0013

The bottle has been a little bit of a struggle so far- finding the time to get it ready before she’s too mad to take it.  Tim had a rough first try, the second one was a bit better- and she did really good on her third time- this one from the girls.  She drinks about 2- 2.5 ounces. 

DSC_0014DSC_0017

She’s not a big fan of tummy time- but enjoys tummy to tummy time SmileDSC_0038

When Cassidy turned one month old we tried her in the bumbo seat.  It is still a little big but she seems to like it for a minute or so.  The girls are very excited for her to do more “tricks” Smile

DSC_0040 Such a sweet face!!

DSC_0041

DSC_0042

DSC_0045

I love this ^ one!!

DSC_0107

Both girls love holding Cassidy!  Izzy has just decided she doesn’t want me to take her picture all the time so I have less pics of her holding Cassidy.  Piper however is always happy to “CHEEESE!!” 

I can’t believe Cassidy is 1 month old already!  She had a cold last week and slept a ton so we haven’t been doing much with her besides holding, feeding and putting her to sleep, oh and holding some more!  She is getting over her cold and is awake more now.  She gave Tim & I her first social smiles yesterday at church!  So sweet!!  Can’t wait til I can catch one on camera! 

She does pretty good holding her head up, she will turn to look at you when you talk to her, and will turn over from belly to back when you lay her down for tummy time.  She still loves to be vertical- when you are holding her or if you put her in the sitting position.  She is still sleeping in the swing for naps and night-time.  It really helped her not get so stuffy while she had her cold. 

She is eating about every 3-4 hours during the day.  She goes a little longer on her first stretch of the night.  She usually eats somewhere between 8-10pm and sleeps til around 12-2am.  We are trying to work on staying asleep after that.  Some nights she does well and other nights she is back up 30mins after we put her down.  Tim is super helpful with holding her in the night when I need to give up and get some sleep! 

We are not schedule people at all- so I can’t tell you what she’ll be doing at a certain time of day but we do have a routine.  She eats, then is up for a bit and then takes a nap.  Usually wakes up about 3-4 hours after eating and starts the routine again.  I try to get her to sleep at some point while Piper is napping so I get a little rest too- that happens about half the time.  The other half of the time I put on a movie upstairs, give the girls a snack and bribe them with jewels (our reward system) to be quiet so I can nap for about 30 mins…. Smile  Hey you gotta do what you gotta do to survive! 

We are all getting used to having a baby in the house.  We love her SO much and are so thankful we were chosen to be her parents!  I text with her birth mom every day or every other day.  I am so thankful to have a relationship with her.  She is such an awesome person and she loves Cassidy so much! 

Eesh this has gotten long- guess I had a lot to say.  Oh we went for Cassidy’s 1 month checkup and she was 9lbs and 2 oz.  She gained almost a pound in two weeks!  Breastfeeding is going great!  I’m so thankful for that- it is awesome to have that bonding experience and I love it! 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Saw your blog on Facebook... your girls are beautiful! And that sweet baby looks just like a little doll! So precious!

Katie said...

I love how her face is rounding out! SO CUTE! I can't wait to meet her!
xoxoxo sweet girl! We love you!!