Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Never Once

I first heard the song “Never Once” By Matt Redman last year at the Beautiful Life conference at our church.  At that point we had been matched with a birthmom and were riding out the uncertain waters until she gave birth.  When I first heard the song I LOVED it.  I immediately got out my phone and wrote down the name.  When I got home I told Tim about it and he downloaded it for me. 

Over the next few months I listened to this song a lot.  The girls and I do art usually from 4-5 and listen to KLOVE or Christian music on the ipod.  This song came on more times than I can count. 

When our adoption fell through and the birthmom decided to parent- that afternoon during art time this song came on.  I wept.  I was so comforted to know that God was with me, walking along side us through this journey.

When we were matched again I felt like I was on a mountaintop- I really identified with that part of the song.  I was so thankful that God was still right there with us. 

When Cassidy was born- again mountaintop.  So glad He was there.  I listened to this song over and over…..

In the LONG days until Cassidy and I could come home I listened to this song over and over…..

One afternoon after we had been home a month or so Cassidy was sitting in the bumbo and I was singing and playing with the while the ipod was playing and the girls were doing art.  How awesome it was to sing this to her- knowing that God was with us every step of the way.  At the end while I was singing choking out the words “You are faithful, God, You are faithful!”  It hit me right then that He is faithful.  At the end of the song Cassidy threw up her hands and said “AMEN.”  Crazy I know….. but really it sounded just like it Smile

This song was sung the day Cassidy was dedicated….. it will forever be a special song to me!

The lyrics are below…. I hope you enjoy it!  This is the video.

Standing on this mountaintop
Looking just how far we’ve come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us


Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You’ve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us


Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful


Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You’ve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us


Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own


You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone


Carried by Your constant grace
Held within Your perfect peace
Never once, no, we never walk alone
Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful


Every step we are breathing in Your grace
Evermore we’ll be breathing out Your praise
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

 

I’m so thankful for Christian music!  I love how God uses it to speak to me daily.

No comments: