Monday, January 4, 2010

How I am dealing with colic.... or whatever this is

So for those of you who don't know..... Piper is a little fussy. OK sometimes ALOT fussy! So we have determined she has colic, or gas, or reflux.....who knows. Anyways we are trying to find ways to help her & survive.

These are catnip & fennel drops. I found out about them through a mom at my MOPS table. They have helped alot with the acid reflux. She isn't spitting up anymore and doesn't seem to have the painful "silent reflux"
This is mylicon- gas drops. They seem to help with the gas and help get the yucky taste of the catnip and fennel drops out of her mouth.

This is a margarita.... it seems to have helped ME the most! Katie took me out for a much needed break and I had a few of these..... went and had a pedicure and just spent time without kiddos for awhile. Thanks so much to my hubby for letting me go and keeping the kiddos... and sending me text updates :) Thanks to Katie who took me out... and got me home in one piece. It was great to have some "Mommy Time" and regroup!!!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! I love the third thing.. OHHHH how I can't wait.. margaritas and a pedicure. I'm soooo jealous!

Amber said...

Amen sister!! You are hilarious :) Carter had the silent reflux thing and was not content for months. They ended up putting him on zantac at 4 weeks and just let him outgrow the dose. It only takes them like a month to do that at their crazy growth rates. He cried and fussed most of the day, never took a pacifier, would only nap in a swing till 6 months, and wailed like he was being stabbed whenever in the car seat. He made me think I was psychotic sometimes. My motto has always been, whatever works the first 6 months.

I'm so happy you got a break and some girl time! That is clearly the best medicine :) If you ever want a break or time with piper, we'd love to watch her. We're always home and healthy :)

Wilson Ramblings said...

Shelby, we almost called and invited you, and then remembered you were preggo and thought of how mean it would be to ask you to come sit and watch! :) Bethany, I'm happy to take you out any time!

Our life.... said...

you are too funny Bethany! So glad you got some "regrouping" time - sounds AWESOME :) ha ha

....hope Piper continues to get better :)

Jennifer said...

Girl, I understand! Russell was so tough for the first 2-3 months - he literally cried all the time! Just remember, it will get better eventually...and the margaritas never hurt :)