Sunday, June 27, 2010

Piper’s Dedication

We recently dedicated Piper to the Lord.  There are alot of different beliefs surrounding dedication vs. baptism.  We dedicated her- meaning we thank God for her and realize that although she is our earthly child she is ultimately His child.  We picked Deuteronomy 6:5-7 as the passage- “Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. “  That is our goal- to teach Piper to love God by modeling that in our home and talking about Him with her day to day.  Our wonderful Pastor Don Miller did her dedication and Piper did wonderfully.  Izzy was ecstatic to be able to go up on stage “just like daddy.”  Tim’s mom Diane and my youngest brother Josh & his wife Bethany were able to come and celebrate with us.  My mom was sick (thankfully she is getting better) so she and my dad didn’t make it. 

DSC_0263 DSC_0255014DSC_0246DSC_0240  001    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love these pics of Tim & the girls :)

 

005007008019 016

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

018

We are so thankful for Piper!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SO SWEET! I wish we could have been there! LOVE that you have the girls in matching outfits!

Our life.... said...

great pictures! I hate I wasn't up in the sancutary yet when it was going on!