Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kids point of view

After looking through the pictures on the girls’ camera I thought about how they really do see things differently.  Made me interested in what they think about the whole adoption thing.  So I asked them each 10 questions.  Here is what they said-

  1. Why are we adopting?

Iz- to get a baby sister

P- “ecause…..”

    2.   What does adoption mean?

Iz- another baby in another mommy’s tummy.  We are going to fly on an airplane and bring our baby back

P- ummmm it means…   My grandpa took me to the beach (not sure where that came from)

   3.  Are you excited?

Iz- yes

P- yes

  4.  About what?

Iz- airplane.  So excitement!  LOLIPOPS!!!!

P- name her nothing (what she says when we ask what we are going to name the baby)

  5.  What will be the best part?

Iz- airplane

P- take her to the doctor

  6.  What will not be fun?

Iz- when she dribbles and spills milk on us

P- I don’t know

  7.  What do you think a baby needs?

Iz- lots of love, someone to help her drink and eat

P- milk and toys

  8.  Are you going to help?

Iz- Yes

P-Yes

  9.  How?

Iz- diapers, feeding, not too sure about walking, I can sing her songs though

P- feed her, hold her “nilk” to her

  10. What do you think the baby’s favorite thing will be?

Iz- when I rock and sing her a song

P- that thing (points to boppy)

 

So there we have it- what is going on in their little minds.  It blows me away- they both seem to get it.  I don’t know if it’s because we have talked about it so much or what- but I’m thankful.  I can’t wait for our visit with the birth mom!!!  They have a empty camera ready to take in their first airplane ride, our meeting and all the fun we will have!!

No comments: