Saturday, October 20, 2012

Adoption/Milk Update

DSC_0036

This is Izzy’s picture of our new baby- complete with diaper, crib, paci, lovey and bottle Smile

Both girls continue to ask when our baby is coming home- we don’t have a specific answer for them yet.  We are still waiting to be matched again. 

God is teaching me a lot through this waiting period.  I trust completely in His timing.  I can’t wait am excited to see the cool way He is going to work to bring our new baby home.  (I’m trying to take I can’t wait out of my vocabulary- because I can wait and I am Smile)

Izzy prayed this week “God, like Mom, I’m getting tired of waiting on our baby sister, so please bring her home soon.”  So I’ve changed the way I pray a bit asking God to help me as we wait and stating that we are so thankful He is in control.  Praying for the safety of our new baby and birthmom and for our new baby to get here at the right time.  I’m so glad our kiddos are a part of this process.  I think they will remember praying for our baby and it will be cool to walk with them as our prayers get answered. 

Milk update!  I am still pumping.  For the most part I don’t mind it and it is pretty routine.  Every now and then when its “that time again” I get a little frustrated/tired of it.  But I know it is all going to be worth it.  I know God not only has a plan for our baby but also for all this milk I have! Smile  I’m getting about 3-4 ounces every 3-4 hours.  I don’t wake up at night anymore and I get about 10 ounces every morning!!  The freezer is getting fuller but I’ve got some great friends who have some freezer space I can borrow!  Last week in my Bible study I really felt like the Lord was encouraging me to keep pumping- really before I even knew I was considering stopping.  I know this is His plan and so I’ll keep on keeping on! Smile