Thursday, August 9, 2012

Adoption Update

Just wanted to give a quick update.  Our birth-mom had her baby earlier this week and has decided to parent her.  I am so glad the Lord prepared us for this possibility over the past few weeks.  We are doing well.  God is so cool how He brings certain things in our life at just the right time.  Several things that have been a huge comfort and help are:

1. Over the past 2 months Piper has asked me to sing “It is well” every night before bed.  I felt like God was using that to prepare me- that no matter what happens- everything is well in my soul.  I have truly felt that over the past few days.

2. Recently I have met several adoptive moms who experienced a failed adoption prior to their baby coming home.

3. This week in the “Brave!” study has been about God’s comfort when you are trembling inside.  I have been reading that over the past two weeks when things have become more and more uncertain.  It has been a huge blessing!

4.  These blog posts over the past few days have so awesome!  Just what I needed!

5.  VBS songs “Through it All” and “Only a Prayer Away” 

6.  I’m so thankful for friends that are there when I call, that go to dinner with us, that hug me, that text to check up on me, that know that I may be done talking about it, and that are so ready to help.  I can feel your prayers and your love!

 

I know that God has a perfect plan for the child that is going to be in our family.  I am excited to see how that plan unfolds!  I plan to continue pumping- hopefully our baby will be here soon! 

We would appreciate your prayers for our birth-mom and her new baby, for our kids, and for us as we head back into the matching process.  We will keep you updated! 

No comments: