Monday, August 13, 2012

Fudge stripe S’mores!

DSC_0018

Realized I haven’t blogged much about Piper’s dairy allergy.  We bit the bullet and took her completely off dairy about 6 months ago.  She is doing SO much better!  Unlike most kids who have never had dairy she was well acquainted with sweets, chocolate, ice cream, and other yummy things.  I feel so bad for her when she can’t have a cupcake, or cookies that everyone else is having.  But recently I’ve made a realization.  Most knock-off brands don’t have milk.  I realize that is because they are made with cheaper chemicals, high fructose corn syrup, and other bad things but I am happy to be able to give my girl some desserts that don’t have “nilk in it.”  She is very good about asking before she eats something, telling babysitters or church workers that she can’t have goldfish or ice cream- but she misses being able to have desserts!  Anyways Food Lion brand fudge stripe cookies are dairy free so we used them for a s’mores night!  We all enjoyed them!!

DSC_0020DSC_0023DSC_0032DSC_0040DSC_0043

DSC_0047

DSC_0014

Love being able to see her cute face covered in chocolate Smile

PS:  Other things I have found that don’t have milk in them- papa johns pizza crust, Food Lion brand cinnamon rolls, all Oreo’s (even chocolate covered ones), marshmallows, and lots of other things like suckers, popsicles, ect. 

No comments: