Tuesday, August 7, 2012

VBS

20120725105853

Our church had VBS a few weeks ago.  I volunteered in the 5-6yr old room.  Izzy really had a lot of fun!  Piper was just in childcare and didn’t enjoy her first day.  She told me it was “booing”.  (Boring).  So I took her in my class for the rest of the week and she had a blast!  The theme of the week was Daniel.  The kids learned about how God is with them.  20120724111158 Piper clung to her friend Ava’s big sister Claire all week.  Claire was so helpful always keeping up with Piper and holding her hand Smile

20120725071501 Piper’s cool new do!

20120725104833 The parachute was a big hit!

Both girls learned a lot about how they can pray to God when they are scared and He will be right there with them!  We got the CD and have really enjoyed listening to it and performing it for friends and family.  Speaks to my heart too- song lyrics like “Through it all God is faithful”, and “Stand firm through the ups and downs”.  It helps me a ton to hear my kiddos belting out “Only a prayer away.”  They were super excited to be able to sing on stage on sunday.  Tim happened to be leading worship that week- Izzy said “Oh my dream come true- I get to sing on stage with Daddy!”  I let Piper sneak up on stage too Smile

DSC_0023DSC_0025

I was so happy to be able to lead our class with Donna.  She is such a sweet lady- and our Pastor’s wife.

DSC_0028DSC_0029 

We had a blast at VBS!  It was a crazy week and we all were worn out by the end! 

No comments: