Thursday, August 2, 2012

Milk factory

DSC_0030 In honor of world breastfeeding week I thought I would give an update on inducing lactation.  My milk is coming in!  Praise God!  I am so excited!  I am getting about 0.5- 1 ounce of milk per pumping.  I am pumping about 6 times a day (once at night).  I’m building up the freezer stash slowly Winking smile  I think I have about 12 ounces frozen at this point.

DSC_0033

There are usually several small bottles of milk in the fridge- I’ve been putting them together so I can freeze bigger amounts.

DSC_0034

My counter is littered with pumping stuff…..

DSC_0035

And the drying rack is heavily loaded (for some reason my dishwasher doesn’t do a good job of drying the stuff). 

I’m thankful for the opportunity to feed our baby breastmilk.  If you are wondering “How do you do that??” click to read about it! 

My kiddos are amazed at the whole process (I am too!).  It has been a good lead-in to me sitting down to nurse multiple times a day.  Piper loves to help and encourage me- she is my little cheerleader! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! That really is SO AMAZING!!!! Congrats!!!